Frequently Asked Questions
TUFFRAX® Supreme is a multi-patented super heavy duty garage overhead ceiling storage rack that helps homeowners leverage the unused ceiling space in their garage and use that area as usable storage space! TUFFRAX® Supreme is constructed of high quality industrial grade steel, available in 8 sizes and 3 depths, hold 700+ pounds of storage and has an adjustable height of 20 to 40 inches; adjusted in ½ inch increments. Distributed by Spectrum Innovations, Inc., it is sold through this website and/or Authorized TUFFRAX® Dealers in the United States and Canada.
The multi-patented TUFFRAX® is unlike any other competing product on the market. Designed by professional engineers who know your storage needs. Check out the “Compare to Others” chart and see why TUFFRAX® is truly the toughest, safest, strongest, smarted and most trusted overhead storage system…guaranteed.
▪ Front and Rear Ceiling to Unit Center Supports
These supports prevent the system from “bowing’ or “deflecting” in the middle when loading your personal items. All other competing systems do not have this feature and you will visibly notice some form of bowing in the middle. (see pictures of bowing competing bowing products) click here.
▪ 6 Joist-to-Joist Ceiling Brackets with 12 Lag Bolt Connections to the Ceiling
TUFFRAX® is the only system with this feature. These brackets leverage 2 ceiling joists, trusses or rafters to balance the load off a single ceiling support structure. All competing products only use 4 ceiling connections and some only attach to single joists, trusses or rafters. This is a very important feature and all TUFFRAX® Supreme 6 ft. and 8 ft. units provide this unique feature which ensures additional safety, strength and stability to the system.
▪ Hidden (Unseen) Wire DecksDue the contoured and stylish “Z” frames, with TUFFRAX® you will never see any useless overlapping decks, like most other systems. Our decks are hidden inside the beams which makes our systems a lot more stylish and appealing than any other system on the market!
▪ Double Bolted with Carriage Bolts and Flanged Nuts at All ConnectionsUnlike other competing systems that use 1 regular bolt, nut and washer at ceiling connections, TUFFRAX® Supreme utilizes 2 hardened Carriage bolts and flanged nuts at every ceiling connection. This will assure you extra safety, stability and strength. These special bolts and nuts will also make installation a breeze for you will only need (1) 7/16” nut driver or open wrench and not 2 like all other competitors.
▪ Center Connection Brackets for Modular Continuous loft ConnectionsThe TUFFRAX Supreme 3 foot and 4 foot beams have 8 rivets (4 on either end). These rivets are designed to be connected to the Center Connector Brackets thereby allowing you to create a “true” continuous loft from wall to wall in your garage. To accomplish this task, simply purchase the “Extended Kit” accessory.
▪ Welded Clips on Beams to Secure Wire DecksWith TUFFRAX® there is no need for securing the decks to the beams with time consuming bolts and washers. After installation of beams and post has been completed, simply place the wire deck platforms on top of the beams and you are done!
▪ One Box PackagingAll TUFFRAX® systems are shipped with all decks, Z beams and hardware in 1 box for easy and convenient shipping. Most competing product will ship in 2 separate boxes thereby increasing shipping costs an possible damages.
The TUFFRAX® Supreme overhead ceiling shelves are available for purchase on this website and through Authorized TUFFRAX® Dealers in the United States and Canada.
Once your order has been processed and shipped to the address you provided, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email to let you know your order is on the way. If you chose to register as a member during your purchase, you can always return to this website, enter your login and password on the upper right corner of the “Home” page to purchase more product without having to re-enter your personal information.
1) You may return / exchange eligible products anytime within 14 days of receiving your order.
2) All returned products must be unused, uninstalled, no missing parts or hardware and in re-salable condition. We also cannot accept returns of goods that are not in their original packaging.
3) All returns must be sent back with the packing slip and a copy of your original invoice.
4) You must fill-out the RMA Form, an RMA form (Return Merchandise Authorization, also found in the Support/Policies section). An RMA number will be issued to you within 48 hours by email. This RMA number MUST be clearly and legibly written on the outside of the box(s)
5) You will be required to pay the shipping costs and insurance for any products that are returned back to us.
6) Any products that are sent back that do not follow our return guidelines above will not be processed and no credit will be issued.
7) Items marked as *Final sale* are not eligible for returns.
8) Once we’ve registered your RMA and received your returned product in excellent re-salable condition, a full credit to your account or a refund to your credit card will be processed.
9) If the product(s) are not received in re-salable condition, we will send it back to you and charge you re-shipping costs.
10) We do our best to process all returns within one (1) week of receiving the item. Should you have any questions about the status of your return or how to return an item, please contact our Customer Service team via Email.
Please note that final decisions on returns are subject to TUFFRAX’s discretion, returns sent back without RMA’s will not be processed.
If you choose regular shipping, TUFFRAX® is shipped byUSPS Ground or Fedex. If your order is received before 11:00 am PST on weekdays it will be shipped the same day it is ordered. If you submit the order after 11:00 am PST, it will be sent out the next morning. Your order should arrive within 5 to 7 business days. All orders that are received after noon of Friday or on the weekend will be shipped on the following Monday afternoon.
Most damages occur during transit. We will do our best to help you with this matter. However, we are not responsible for damages caused by the shipping company. You must file a claim directly with the carrier; we can assist you with that. We will re-ship a replacement for the damaged product(s) but we will re-charge your account for the replacement while you file a claim with the carrier, who will compensate you for the damaged goods. A re-shipment fee may apply for the second order. Canadian buyers will be charged a re-shipment fee.To protect yourself, we strongly recommend that you open all boxes to make sure there are no hidden damages. Take pictures of all damaged parts, save the entire box and its contents, in event the claim agent need further proof. We ask that you then email us all pictures send back the entire damaged box to us at your expense. This shipping expense will be claimed in the opened claim with claim we file on your behalf.
Opened claim with the shipper’s agent. All damages MUST be reported to us with 48 hours of receiving the goods. If you are not present during delivery, call the carrier and notify them of the damage immediately. The UPS number is (800) PICK-UPS. Give them the tracking # for identification. If damage is due to a reason other than shipping, we will replace the damaged item or issue a refund upon return of the damaged item.
This replacement offer does not apply:If any of your orders are damaged, broken/defective or are the wrong item(s) when you receive them, TUFFRAX® will be pleased to process a credit on your account but you MUST follow the guidelines:
1) You must contact our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the problem within 7 days of receiving the product.
2) Customer care will provide an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization).
3) Once we’ve registered your RMA and received your returned product, a full credit to your account or a refund to your credit card will be processed.
4) Depending on the order, please keep in mind that we may ask you to send us a picture and/or ship the product back to us along with the original packing slip included in your package.
Please note that final decisions on returns are subject to TUFFRAX’s discretion, returns sent back without RMA’s will not be processed.
You have until 10 AM PST the following day to cancel purchase of any items that you have ordered. To cancel your orders, please contact our customer care at email@example.com, or visit our Contact Us page to send a message with your concerns. You will be contacted within 48 hours. We also suggest that you follow the “Return/Exchange Procedure” above.
At this point, we ship to 48 contiguous states in the United States and are unable to ship to Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii. We do not ship to APO, FPO, PO Box addresses as well. Currently we do not ship to Canada.
We’ve made it our policy to help lower the cost by offering free shipping. Unlike competitors, we understand that you are shopping for the best product at the best price. Therefore we have taken the decision to lower our margins and offer you more savings for what is truly the toughest, safest and strongest garage ceiling storage system on the market.
While you can feel free to view TUFFRAX’s great deals before you’ve joined up, having an account already set up makes the purchase process quick and easy – so you’ll never miss out on a product you want. An account also gives you complete access to your order info, shipping details, credits and Daily Deal emails and coupon discounts – plus special events and promotions we’ve created for our members!
Just enter in your name and email address and you’ll start receiving our Daily Deals and occasionally our newsletters. You will also have access to all of your account information.
TUFFRAX® Supreme is available in 3 depths and 4 length (the first number reflects depth): 3’x4’, 4′x4′, 2′x6′, 3′x6′, 4′x6, 2′x8′, 3′x8′, and the most popular 4′x8′. The larger units can hold 700+ pounds of storage (providing that the front and rear center supports are installed). The 3′x4′ and 4’x4’ units will each hold up to 400 lbs. of storage. All systems have an adjustable height of 20″ to 40″. The load must be evenly distributed throughout all units’ wire deck platforms.
That will depend on the size and height of your garage and also the ceiling joists, trusses and rafters. To give you an idea as to the possible units that can be installed please see the “Layout Guide” in the Support Page.
Yes, but In order to maximize the load capacity, you should not install more than two TUFFRAX® units on any two ceiling beams (joists, rafters, roof trusses, etc.). TUFFRAX® Supreme will ship with (6) Joist-to-joist ceiling extension brackets. These brackets attach to (2) separate ceiling joists, trusses or rafters to balance the load off 2 ceiling wood structures instead of 1, like most competing products. NEVER install any of the TUFFRAX® overhead storage systems to metal supports. They must be installed to solid wood structures such as rafters, trusses, joists, beams etc…
If you are installing above the garage door, there must be a minimum clearance of 21 inches. This is determined by opening your garage door and from one side of the garage door measure from the front of the door to the center for a 21” clearance. If you do not have a 21” clearance TUFFRAX® Supreme bottom corner posts and center flat brackets can be cut down to your desired height. If you are installing anywhere else other than above garage door, there are no minimum height requirements.
On a 4′ x 8′ unit (our largest size) at the minimum height adjustment of 20 inches, your storage volume is 58 cubic feet and at the maximum height of 40 inches, the total cubic feet is 109.
Yes, TUFFRAX® Supreme is a 100% do-it yourself systems. We provide an easy to follow installation manual with recommended tools section. Homeowners attempting to install these units themselves should be familiar with ceiling support structures such as joist, trusses and rafters. We strongly recommend you use an Authorized TUFFRAX Dealer or a professional installer.
The easiest method is to use an electronic “Deep Scan” stud finder. If an electronic sensor is not available or cannot find the joist, trusses or rafters, identify visible nails of drywall connection patterns. If the ceiling drywall has been painted, start by drilling a small hole to the left or right of the long side of the ceiling electrical outlet that supply’s electricity to your garage door motor. Once you have located the wood on the long side of the electrical outlet, take a tape measure and measure 12, 16, 18, 19 and 24 inches placing a pencil mark on the ceiling on each measurement. Drill a small hole at those 5 measurements and once you find the second joist you will know the approximate distance between each joist. Occasionally the distances between joist, trusses or rafters may change.
Yes! We strongly recommend you use a professional installer, contractor or handyman who has knowledge of ceiling joists, trusses or rafters. Contact your local Authorized TUFFRAX® Dealer by doing a search on this website and they will be able to assist you with installation.
All TUFFRAX® overhead storage systems come with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. See the TUFFRAX® warranty policy in the “Policies and Procedure” section under the Support Page. Proof of purchase must be provided.